News + Happenings
Consulting, Facilitation, Speaking
We are passionate about working with schools and education organizations to design and lead professional development experiences that support their missions. We offer workshop and retreat leadership, as well as coaching for professional development program design and implementation.
Professional development programs designed and led by the Sofia Center:
– Over 55 REFLECT : INNOVATE : ACT Sessions
– Over 50 professional development days and retreats for Bosque School faculty, staff, and leadership team.
– Retreat for Georgetown Day School Leadership Team, Washington D.C.
– Retreat for Albuquerque Public Schools (APS) Family Engagement Team, Albuquerque
– Reflective Practice Workshop for all APS Instructional Coaches, Albuquerque
– Reclaiming Wonder: A Workshop with APS Math Teachers, Albuquerque
– What’s Your Superpower?: A Workshop with APS Math Teachers, Albuquerque
– The Teacher as Leader, Co-Leader with Carla Silver & Gary Gruber, Santa Fe Leadership Center, now Leadership + Design, Santa Fe
– Golden Apple Fellows Retreat, Golden Apple Foundation of New Mexico, Albuquerque
– The Who of Leadership, Teach for America Corps Members Workshop, Albuquerque
Conference presentations and talks by the Sofia Center:
– Tend the Rituals of the Schoolhouse, NAIS Annual Conference, Philadelphia
– Educators as Artists, Artists as Educators, New Mexico Music Educators Association All State Music Conference, Albuquerque
– Wild Leadership: Tending Rituals, Setting the Stage, Embodying Play, NAIS Annual Conference, Atlanta
– Fueling Change through Partnership: Models for Developing Budget-Conscious Equity and Inclusivity Programming for Students and Faculty, Progressive Education Network, Boston
– Re-Think/Re-Design Professional Development, SXSW Edu Conference, Austin
– REFLECT : INNOVATE : ACT — A Professional Development Collaborative: Private Schools with Public Purpose Conference, Cleveland
– No More Bad Coffee: Professional Development that Honors Teachers, TEDx Education, Albuquerque
– Taking Care of the Caretakers: Professional Development that Inspires and Renews, ACE Conference, Albuquerque